Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Globalisation!!!

Most of the media i consume is global, as its hard not to watch them.

Do you watch US TV programmes or visit US websites?

Most the programmes i watch are american texts, which are globally known such as Friends, Hope and Faith, Will and Grace. Other texts that i consume that are American are Summerland, My wife and kids. The websites that i frequently use that is American is Google and this is the largest search engine.

I do consume texts other than American texts. British texts is my other option. I watch british programmes such as Eastenders and Hollyoaks, Supernanny and Crimewatch UK.

I do consume other text from my culture. I watch 3 different programme at7:00, 10:00 and 10:30 with my family. The language they speak is different but i still understand as there are subtitles in English which i can read.

Overall i think the US do dominate the media as there are more texts that i watch and most people decide to watch American texts more as they are found on almost every channel. The other cultures have even started copying some of the texts such as Fear factor.

They also copy british texts such as Who wants to be a millionaire showing the domination of Us texts.























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home